- On Monday, Papa John's and Shaquille O'Neal announced the launch of the Shaq-a-Roni pizza, designed by O'Neal himself.
- The Shaq-a-Roni pizza is an extra-large pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni, cut into eight slices instead of ten.
- The launch comes over a year after O'Neal joined Papa John's board of directors following an $8.5 million endorsement deal with the pizza chain.
- A dollar from each Shaq-a-Roni pizza purchase will go to the Papa John's Foundation for Building Community.
- Each purchase also comes with an augmented-reality experience unlocked by scanning the pizza box QR code in Snapchat.
- Visit sunbet's homepage for more stories.
On Monday, Papa John's and Shaquille O'Neal announced the launch of a pizza designed by the basketball legend himself.
The "Shaq-a-Roni" pizza is an extra-large pizza with extra cheese and extra pepperoni cut into eight slices instead of the usual ten, featuring what Papa John's describes as its "largest slice size to date."
"It was important to me for the Shaq-a-Roni to be bigger than just pizza. By giving my new pie a try, one dollar will be donated to The Papa John's Foundation for Building Community to support COVID-19 relief, the fight against racial injustice, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, UNCF (United Negro College Fund) and general community involvement," O'Neal said in the press release.
The pizza chain will donate one dollar for every pizza sold to the Papa John's Foundation through August 23.
O'Neal joined the board of directors at Papa John's in March 2019, when the chain announced a three-year $8.25 million endorsement deal with the former athlete. O'Neal also announced his investment in nine Papa John's restaurants. The "Shaq-a-Roni" pizza's release comes just three months after the anniversary of the endorsement deal.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.